A glittering awards ceremony for the Dunstable and Houghton Regis Business & Community Business Awards took place last week. It was a fabulous evening celebrating the achievements of business, charities and individuals within Dunstable and Houghton Regis.
The awards were introduced in 2012. They are designed to:
- – give local companies the opportunity to celebrate success.
- – celebrate the achievements of the local residents in this area.
- – recognition of all who are making a difference to the towns of Dunstable and Houghton Regis
Suzanne and Steve Spicer from Spicer & Co Chartered Accountants were delighted to attend the awards ceremony – and thrilled to learn that Spicer & Co won recognition as Highly Commended Business of the Year.
It was a lovely evening and we enjoyed meeting lots of other local organisations and community people at the event,” says Suzanne. “We are so proud to win Highly Commended Business of the Year. It’s a fantastic achievement and reflects the hard work and friendly, helpful attitude of everyone in our team. It’s nice to know that our clients appreciate the service we provide.”
Well done to our winning clients…
The evening celebrated the success of all the winners and finalists. (Over 350 nominations were received across the various award categories.) Many of the businesses recognised by the Dunstable and Houghton Regis Awards 2017 are clients of Spicer & Co. We would like to offer huge congratulations to our award-winning and highly commended clients:
- – Business of the Year – winner Lisa Roberts Catering Limited, highly commended Spicer & Co Chartered Accountants
- – Retailer of the Year – winner The Cake House, highly commended Deakin-White Limited
- – Hospitality Venue of the Year – highly commended Lisa Roberts Catering Limited
- – New Business of the Year – joint winners Gents Barbering and Perfect Personalised Parties
The Dunstable and Houghton Regis Awards 2017 evening is a ‘non-profit’ event with any profits donated to the Foodbank, helping to local residents. Suzanne adds: “It was lovely to win a bottle of champagne in the raffle – a perfect addition to our celebrations!”
Are you based in Dunstable or Houghton Regis?
If you would like to know more about these awards and maybe enter the 2018 competition? Visit the awards Dunstable and Houghton Regis Awards website to find out more.